Sunday, March 2, 2008

My First Green Smoothie Video and An Amazing Recipe Of The Day!



It's been a couple days since my last Green Smoothie Blog so I think I'll put up something new.
I'm learning as I go along here so not only is this a blog on my favorite drink, the amazing green smoothie but also a look at my computer and business skills learning curve first hand.

Just a few minutes ago I learned how to ad a You Tube video to my blog, very exciting. Take a look at it and you can see just how my morning green smoothie blend comes together and what my beautiful drinks come out like every morning.

The video is from a couple days ago and is a great recipe for you to try.

Today though, my smoothie was exceptional and I wrote down exactly what I put in it so you can have a go at it. You will love it. It is so packed with great nutrients and super foods that you won't know what to do with all of your energy. I got a ton of things done today and I know my energy, clarity and focus and ability to have fun throughout the day came from my delicious green smoothie for breakfast.

Here is a fabulous recipe (exactly as I made it this morning):

16 ounces of water to start
4 ounces of tangerine juice (I just cut 2 of them in half, squeezed them by hand and picked out the seeds)
2 Bananas
1 Juicy Pear
1 whole Avocado
1 whole bunch Green Chard
2 Tablespoon Goji Berries
1 Tablespoon Bee Pollen
2 Tablespoon whole Flax Seeds

This one makes a lot of smoothie and I share them with my wife each morning so you can cut down on the ingredients if it is just for you. You can cut everything in half and it would be a good amount for one person to drink in a day.

This is really an advanced smoothie with the few super foods added in at the end. I was looking for a smoothie with substance today as I knew I had some physical work to do.

You could leave out the Gojis, Bee Pollen and flax and still have a great smoothie.

Give this one a try and get over to http://www.thegreensmoothie.com/, send me a note and let me know how you like it.

If you want to have the blending experience of a lifetime with the new wave of super power smoothie blending go to this page and click on the big blender picture at the bottom to find the worlds best blender for high power smoothie blending. You can't get any better. You can also find it all throughout my blog pages. I'm crazy about my Amazing Green Smoothie Blender!
You will be too when you try one.

4 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Hi RJ!

My husband takes Paxil for mild depression, but he really would like to get off it (he's on 1 a day). Your smoothies sound wonderful. I'm going to need to get myself a high-powered blender. We have cats. Do you think the blender would be too loud for them? One of them has very sensitive ears.
We both adore avocado and all greens, so I don't see a problem with integrating something like this into our diet. Do you eat other foods as well?
Stop by my blog Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes (www.hyggedigter.blogspot.com) for some entertaining and thought-provoking poetry.

Thanks! I really enjoyed your video. One thing I notice is that your skin looks flawless. Is that the smoothie?

Kat
P.S. I found you at Traffic Jam

Hi I'm RJ Kaminsky said...

Hi Kat,
I hope you find my comment here, I am not sure of the best way to respond to your note so you will see it. I'm kind of new blogs.

So about the cats, I have animals also and I will often send them out during blending or make sure they are in another part of the house.

Kitchen Aid makes some quiet blenders but they are not as powerful as the one that I use and I really want the power for my smoothies.

I have also simply picked up my blender and moved into the garage, or into another room not to wake guests when blending, that is also an option.

About my skin, it has changed so much since I've been doing my water and smoothie ritual every morning so I have to say yes, that's the cause. Just getting real nutrients has really changed things for me.

I just put a video up on you tube today about my water formula. I hope you can find it.

If you haven't seen my site it is at www.thegreensmoothie.com and at the bottom of the getting started page you will find my super power blender.

I'm off and running now and am excited to get over to see your blog and to get a peek at what you are about in blog world here.

Thanks for the note and feel free to ask for support as you are getting going on these great smoothies.

And I really wish your husband well getting off of the paxil. Meds can be very helpful short term though with the proper nutrients that come from green smoothies, my hope is that he will feel easily able to let go of the medication in his own time.

RJ

Kat Mortensen said...

Thanks for the info! I'll check out the website.
Let me know how you like Poetikat's.
Kathleen

Kat Mortensen said...

Oops! Meant to give this info to you...Of course you must know this: click on the "add comment" link below a post and you can leave a message. Or e-mail me at poetikat@myway.com
Thanks.